Egypt--Der Abo Henes (DH)

Der Abo Henes sits to the south of Minya, about an hour by van. One of the larger villages, Der Abo Henes is home to about 45,000 people, approximately 70% of them Evangelical Christians and the remaining 30% Orthodox or Coptic Christians. The unemployment rate is relatively low and wages here are slightly higher than other villages served by Lake Pointe. Farming and Textiles are the main industries here and the average family income is about $500USD per month. While a more "progressive" village, the women of Der Abo Henes still wash their dishes and clothes in the irrigation channels coming from the nearby Nile River. Hepatitis C and liver issues are still prevalent in this village.

Recent Updates

DH058 Mina Younan Noah

Mina has a large family living in one home. Dad's work is irregular. When he can get work he earns about $100 a month. Mina's best subject in school is Arabic. He likes playing, singing and watchin...

Sponsor Now

DH061 Mariam Reda Mamlook

Mariam's best subject is Arabic. She is doing well in school. She helps in the kitchen and likes playing with her dolls and watching tv. Mariam's family is in good health.

Sponsor Now

DH073 Kirolos Georgy Shokrallah

Kirolos is very smart and active in school. He likes to learn Arabic. He likes to play soccer. He runs errands for his family. He attends AWANA and his favorite Bible verse is Psalm 119:11. His dad...

Sponsor Now

DH085 Mariam Hany Abdel Malak

Mariam wants to be a teacher when she grows up. She likes to play hide & seek with her friends. Mariam's favorite subject is Arabic. She likes to play with dolls and watch TV. Mariam helps arou...

Sponsor Now

DH095 Samuel Eid Gad El Karim

Samuel is an average student and Math is his best subject. He likes playing soccer. He likes to sing and he also runs errands for the family. When his father can find work he earns about $90 a month.

Sponsor Now

DH102 Merna Nessiem Mousa

Merna's favorite subject is Arabic. She plays with her dolls and sometimes gets to watch TV. Her father does not have a regular job. When he is able to find work he earns about $40 a month.

Sponsor Now
No campaigns found for Egypt--Der Abo Henes (DH)
Start A Supporter Campaign